Thursday

A "Rare" treat

Thank you to the lovely people at Rare for inviting me along to their recent press day, to get a sneak preview of their A/W 2010 collection and to spoil us rotten with mojitos and mini fish n chips at Soho House.  Not to mention the goody bag, complete with gorgeous white lace dress .  As well as viewing some stunning pieces and kicking off my A/W fantasy shopping list, it was a great opportunity to hang out with some fellow bloggers, including the Platform Princess, and meet for the first time the lovely Adorngirl , the frighteningly young but fabulous Unicorn + Tee and the dashing gent from Dash Empire .  And lots of other lovely non-bloggers too.


The venue was perfect for showcasing the dreamy, soft paletted collection, full of nude textured layers, shoulder detailing and ruffles.  But with some pieces paired with an edgy black bodice or dark contrast stitching, there was something for everyone.  Thanks for looking after us Rare, I think you'll probably sell half the collection to the bloggers when it comes out in September!




 

12 comments:

  1. LOVE these things...sigh. They are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that pink concertina dress, , , looks like a luch event! ck :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are great! It was lovely meeting you :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are you? It was so great catching up the other day. Thanks for the heads up on the denim jacket btw- off to search eBay, lol.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the white studded heels. Do you know when they will start to sell them. I checked the online shop, but unfortunately they are not for sale yet.

    xoxo Sandra
    http://glamirrorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second dress is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh J, what a lovely post! I wish I was there the same time you were: and it's funny - since we were talking about fish fingers! - but I didn't see that when I was there! I had the most yummy broad bean & mint puree bruschettas, and little cheesburger.. it's funny to think you were there in the same place I was, but at a different time (I know that's not THAT weird).

    But you got to see Jackie! And meet Adorngirl!

    Glad Scotland was lovely - I see I've got a lot of catching up to do. I've neglected everyone's blogs all week while switching laptops. Hope to see you soon: as a real human being, I mean. xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jennifer! Just a belated thanks for the email re: RARE event at Soho Hse, sorry I didn't reply I was working on a shoot :S so it was toooo late.

    The shoeees are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree about half the collection being sold to bloggers! I kinda wanted to see what the dress on the right looked like on...should have tried it out!

    S
    http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. it really is a shame that i didn't get to see you, well there is always next time :) i'm so in love with the lace rare dress, but i definately think it suits me better as a top. it's a bit long for me, because of my body shape i look better in shorter things, hehe. have you worn yours yet? thank-you! i really wasn't expecting such a response on jill's post. the picture you liked best? well that is my bad side :)

    your such a kind person, i am so glad i started my blog, so i could talk and meet wonderful people like you.

    love, jazzabelle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that dress on the left! beautiful x

    ReplyDelete

Styleeast likes comments. Styleeast thanks you for your comments.